Application for brewer positions
Post is active from Jul 7th 2017. We store applications for 12 months and when we open positions for brewers, we suitable open application applicants first.
Sori Brewing is a crowdfunded craft brewery in Estonia with a young and international atmosphere. We offer you a front row seat to the craft beer movement and a great opportunity to work in a fast growing company, where it’s possible to make progress in an interesting workplace.
You work in a growing startup environment where attitude counts. Some days can be very hard and challenging, but most of the time brewers work is rewarding. We appreciate a can-do attitude, flexibility and ability to take responsibility. We’ll expect you to be self-driven, have great communication skills and passion for success. We also like if you have passion in craft beer.
You work as a part of our small brewing team and when you are ready, you can take some more responsibility. You are going to work with 15 hl Velo brewhouse, 14 x 30 hl and 2 x 15 hl fermentation tanks + 2 brite beer tanks and packaging with Meheen M6 and to KeyKeg (by hand). We also have a big barrel aging program. Our working language is English and we mainly follow five day work week.
Your workplace will be located in Suur-Sõjamäe 14, Tallinn, near Ülemiste Keskus shopping center. There are good connections to a workplace with a bus, a train, and tram. If you are not familiar with Tallinn, see our info package here.
We expect a minimum of 12 months commitment to the position. Trainee and probation period is 2 months. Work starts flexibly and is full time.
Apply for: Junior level / Assistant brewer
For a person with some brewing experience. You know the basics, brewing vocabulary and processes.
- Assisting senior brewers in everyday operations, later to be able to handle daily routines independently
- Daily tasks like packaging, cleaning, maintenance, malt milling & yeast handling
- Warehouse assistance, receiving material and dispatching ready products
Apply for: Senior level / Senior brewer
Brewers that have more experience in craft / industrial scale brewing.
- Brewing beer (wort creation), cellar management, yeast management, maintenance work, technical development
- Overseeing, reporting and documenting processes
- Recipe, product and process development
What we offer
- Interesting place to work with good opportunities to progress
- Opportunity to have a permanent position or work flexibly as a part timer
- Young and fun team
- Opportunity to be part in creating magnificent beers
- A rare opportunity to work in craft beer industry
- Craft beer and a paycheck
- Brewery experience
- Good skills in English language, especially industry vocabulary
- Good overall communicating skills
- Ability to work independently
- Love for great craft beer
- Can function in a very physical job (carrying 25 kg malt bags, cleaning fermenters, lifting kegs etc.)
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and handle stress
- Good attention to detail
- You are fast learner and willing to learn new stuff
- Good skills in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/etc) / Google Docs, Gmail
- For senior level brewers we require suitable experience and/or education
- Working permit in EU
Considered as an advantage
- Skills in mechanics and experience working with various machines
- Basic knowledge of brewing process
- Suitable education (e.g engineering, chemistry, brewing/distilling)
- Knowledge in yeast, microbiology, and CIP / SIP procedures
- Language skills (e.g. Estonian, Finnish, Swedish, Russian, German)
- Great attitude
- All experience in food and/or beverage industries
If you have problems with the form, please contact us to email@example.com.